Priyanka and Ramesh couple lives their two children in a 3 BHK apartment .Priyanka found that they very high amount to Electricity bill. After some days Priyanka meets her friend pooja and tell her problem . Pooja suggest Bharat smart services. Priyanka fixes appointment . Bharat smart services conducted a smart audit of all the appliances .They have suggested some tips . Now her bill is reduced by 1000 rupees . She happy customer of Bharat smart services .
“It costs Rs 50,000 per kilowatt to install a solar panel. Depending on your roofing rights, in a high-rise community or a freestanding home, you can choose a product from the listed government suppliers. Today, roof space is the biggest obstacle in high-rise buildings. It is not possible to install solar panels without space, which is a major hurdle, especially in Delhi-NCR. The government subsidizes the installation of solar panels and the cost is about half per person .
The use of energy efficient LED lighting and other appliances such as refrigerators and air conditioners can make a big difference in the cost of electricity. Plan your house/home to get maximum sunlight and fresh air to reduce the need for lighting and cooling equipment. These factors should be included in the design phase of the house .
Tips to save electricity
- Turn off lights when you don’t need them.
- Use infrared sensors, motion sensors, automatic timers, dimmers, and solar cells where applicable to turn lighting circuits on / off.
- Use task lighting. A reading lamp, for example, illuminates only the reading material rather than the entire room.
- Dust tube lights and lamps regularly. Dirty light tubes and bulbs reflect less light and can absorb up to 50 percent of the light.
Use ceiling or table fans against the summer heat. For example, ceiling fans cost 30 paise per hour, much less than air conditioners (10 rupees per hour).
Set the room air conditioner 25 degrees celsius to reduce the cost of electricity.
- By shading your home’s windows and walls, you can reduce air conditioning energy consumption by up to 40 percent.
- Fans allow air movement to cool the room.
- Keep doors closed to air-conditioned rooms
- Clean the air conditioner filter every month.
- Buy a new energy efficient air conditioner to replace the old ones.
- Keep refrigerators away from all heat sources, including direct sunlight, the stove, and the cooking area.
- Leave enough room for a continuous flow of air around the refrigerator.
- Think about what you want before you open the refrigerator door. Reduce the time the door is open.
- Allow hot and warm foods to cool and cover tightly before placing them in the refrigerator.
- Make sure the refrigerator door rubber seals are clean and tight.
- Clean the coils regularly to make sure air circulates freely
- Regularly defrost the freezer compartment for the manual defrost refrigerator
- Do not talk calls while your removing articles from the refrigerator
Microwave ovens and electric kettles
Microwaves save energy by reducing cooking time. In fact, you can save up to 50 percent on your cooking energy costs by using a microwave instead of a regular oven, especially for small amounts of food.
If you are cooking more than one item, keep large, thick items out . Use an electric kettle to heat the water as it is more powerful. Clean your electric kettle regularly by mixing hot water and vinegar to remove mineral deposits. Do not fill the kettle with just one drink. Heat only the amount of water you need.
Computers / TV
- Turn off your computer / TV when not in use.
- Set computers, monitors, and copiers to sleep when not in use.
- Unplug laptops, cell phones, and digital cameras and save battery chargers as they draw power when plugged in and are highly inefficient.