With well focused efforts underway by Bharat smart services have big potential to enhance monitoring and reduction of bills .
Benefits for consumers
Bharat smart services
- Consumers can be informed historical data or locally (real-time data) on energy cost .
- Multi tariff functions can be added to allow demand response techniques and monitor on real time basis
- Allowing the consumer to reduce costs by increasing energy consumption during off-peak cheaper tariff periods.
- Giving power to consumer to manage his consumption pattern
The meter monitoring thru regularly scanning of meter is an enabler and game changer for energy management: empowering consumers to save and manage their energy consumption!
Benefits for utilities
Bharat Smart scan Metering allows to:
- influence the energy consumption of their users
- Real time online validation and correction of meter readers data
In addition, utility companies will benefit from the following advantages:
- a reduction in ‘costs to serve’
- open gateways for the delivery of energy services
- assistance in the development of liberalised energy markets
- help for revenue protection
- monitoring of the generation from building renewables
- support in demand response techniques
- more effective grid management
- a new communication channel to customers.
A surging pool of data, collected properly and with respect to privacy, has the potential to lower cost by reducing detecting potential issues before they escalate. And there’s no question the tools enable users to take a more proactive role.